QUESTION YOU MAY WANT TO ASK
- What are three things you want me to accomplish in this position?
- What would be my first major project?
- What are the goals of the department and how can I help you achieve them?
- How can I make an immediate impact in the department?
- What critical areas are you addressing currently, and how can I help you?
- What additional responsibilities will I receive after my first year?
- Considering the people in your department or company, tell me what your most valued employees are like. What are the things you believe make them the most successful?
- What are some things that could cause a person to fail in your department?
- Mr/Mrs. Hiring Authority, now that you’ve gotten to know me, how do you see my background adding value to your company? This question does two things:
a. It exposes misunderstandings and concerns (of which you will need to address directly with your strengths.)
b. The employer hears the affirmation of your positive qualities and, “fit” with the company.
- Do I have the necessary technical skills needed for the position?
- I am very interested in the position. May I have the job